Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dear Diary...

It's been a long time since she's come out, but it's time for another rousing rendition of

MY JUNIOR HIGH DIARIES!

March 29, 1990 (Rachel's B-day) Tuesday

There's a lot of catching up to be done. On March 6, or 7, Ruthie O. told me that Jeremy Clookie likes me. At first, it was like, Jeremy? I barely know him. But, as the days went on, I started to like him. And to this day, I still do. He knows that I like him, I know that he likes me, and we both have the same feelings about "going with people-" we hate it. We both think it's stupid. He's not too cute, although he isn't ugly - at all. He's got a temper and a half, but he's totally sweet to me.

Then, about a week ago, Ruth, Amber and Shay came up to me and told me that I was being a jerk, a stuck-up snob, and all I could do was talk, brag, and think about Jeremy. Sure, I loved (underlined) to brag about him. He's the only guy who's ever liked me, and I've liked him since Scott Kurtz. We talked about it, and it hurt, it really hurt to hear them talk the way they did. Maybe they didn't realize it, but those words were going into a girl's ears who's put up with enough hard times already.

Well, anyway, I don't even know if he still likes me, I still like him, I know that. I have a feeling that he kinda, sorta likes me, but not like he used to. DARN.

I'm getting my hair cut on Friday - real short. About to the ears (A little longer).

Well, gotta jam. It's 10:11pm.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friggin' hilarious!!! i love when you post diary stuff.

How are you doing? I love the pictures of you and little Jack... how is he? I feel so out of it.

But hopefully it will pass soon...

Melissavina said...

Gotta Jam.
I love it.

And the new look! Pretty.

Leslie said...

I feel like I'm reading excerpts from my own diary! LOVE IT! And I especially love your concern about the time -- after all, 10:11 was quite late to be up in 1990, right?

HopSkipJump said...

Too funny...

Love this post. It has inspired me to dig up some old fodder from my younger years. Gotta Jam... brilliant.

amber. said...

Traci: You are out of it. You're pregnant and you have three other kids. I don't even know how you're functioning. Without alcohol, I mean. You are a brave, brave soul...

Melissavina: Thanks. I'm still working with the new look... I'm trying to make my own header, blah blah blah. Thanks.

Leslie: 10:11 is to 1990 what 5:00am in heels with cocktail dress on walking home from bar is to 2007.

IF: Be sure to post what you find! We can compare boys we had crushes on.

Anonymous said...

I would love to find out what Jeremy is up to these days. Did he in fact become cute with age? And what about that temper and a half? Any domestic violence issues? An update on Jeremy would be nice.

I am jealous of 1990 Amber because she is not really that affected by the level of Jeremy's like for her, as so appropriately described in the all caps word "DARN". Brilliant!

I would also love to hear more about the "hard times" of 1990. Do you think maybe you weren't able to go to the New Kids on the Block concert?