Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Equinox

Every fall, three of my friends from USM and I commit to a year of personal growth through the completion of a personal project. Each of us decides what that will be for us- whether it's learning how to play the guitar, moving into private practice (we're all therapists), or losing 25 pounds- and then we support one another through all of the crap that comes up along the way. We commit to a two hour conference call every other Sunday, and to being available to one another in the less scheduled, call-in-the-middle-of-the-week-because-I-want-to-give-up moments. This will be our third year together and I am so excited to get the project going.

I've decided to take on a writing project. I'm going to finally write my book. I have set aside Thursday nights as my writing night, sending Jack to Aunt Melissa's for the night and even leaving work and hour early. I'm hoping that I will be able to create other pocket of times throughout the week for additional writing, but for now Thursdays are what I know for sure.

What I also know for sure is that in setting this powerful intention I have created something much larger than myself. It is as if the book is being born through me and it is only my job to show up and be the vehicle through which it is delivered. Knowing this, feeling this, allows me to relax into the process and let what shows up on the page show up on the page. It's not about getting it right... it's about letting it come forward.

What's in you? What wants to be birthed through you? Commit with me to create the space to let it show up this year!

6 comments:

the Garcia family said...

I am very excited for you and this project. What a great commitment you guys have made to each other. I will line up first to buy and read your book. So many of us enjoy reading the things you write! They are so easy to read and flow so nicely. Yay Amber!

PS: I miss you and want to see you!

amber. said...

Thanks Jen! I LOVE that you enjoy reading what I write... thanks for the kind words of encouragement. And when you buy my book, I will autograph yours for free.

Miss you and love you, too!

Amber.

jenna's blogs said...

ok well... i took your blog to heart and sat down to paint today. vague idea as to what my intentions were, but what came through me was so much more. layers and layers of meaning... it was like uncovering a rare archeological find watching what the paintbrush did...

crazy!

thanks for your inspiration:)

amber. said...

Way to go, Jenna. I'd love to see your paintings. Maybe someday I'll get up to Seattle to see you and the world you've created for yourself there.

Love you!

At Home On Main Street said...

Well in response to your response, haha... I think she commented on my blog and so I was curious and was reading hers, and that led to yours, and you know how it goes. I actually reallllly enjoy your bloG!

I do hope you come in the store someday! That would be fabu! I think we are having a sale soon to celebrate our 5th year anniversary, that is a good time to come in : )

I'll be blogging about it soon

Flo said...

Go, Amber, go!

I would LOVE to read your book. Enjoy the birthing process.

I have too many projects to pick just one. Does that let me off the hook? ;)