Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dear Diary...

Another juicy excerpt from my junior high diaries.

(I strongly urge you to read every one of them... they're heavenly.)

January 19, 1989 (12 years old)

Today at school Amber (note to reader: my best friend in junior high was a girl named Amber Rady. We were "the Ambers," or "Amber ditto" as we liked to call ourselves. Uggh. Doesn't this just make you hate junior higher even more?) did a pretty stupid thing. I'll start from the beginning. Jayme Shephard has been having some friend problems like Michelle Tadeo and Leeanna Miller have really left her out and haven't been treating her very well. Well one day Jayme and I were kind of talking about her problems and some of mine. Melissa Maddux had just called her an A. She was crying and I told Amber about it, which was pretty stupid of me. Amber went out and talked to Miss Arend (today) or first she said to Miss A that she wanted to talk to her about it. I wrote Amber a note saying that I thought it was none of her business and she should just leave Jayme alone. If she wants help, she can get it herself. She got really mad and later Jenny Sipp told me that she went down the halls saying "I hate Amber Rice." I tried to persuade her but she went to Miss Arend anyways. Miss Arend came out and talked to Jayme. I asked Jayme what she said and she said that she mostly just said, "if you ever need help then you can come to me" and so on. But Jayme has really changed. She says that she feels God is leading her away from Michelle and Leeanna and God is working in her life. It's really neat to hear her saying things like that. I'm glad she's changed. I hope to become her friend.

January 26, 1989 (seven days later)

Me and Amber made up either yesterday or the day before, I can't remember. It was kind of lame because the thing with Amber is that she always wins. When we talk to each other about the fights we had she always has something good to say and I don't. So I sit there after she has made a really smart remark, waiting for her to say more. By the way - the reason I'm writing so sloppy is because I'm up in the tree in the front yard. Today was twins day and I was twins with Shay Nelson. We looked pretty good. Mrs. Ross and her daughter, Kristen won, though. We were second. I got my hair cut and it looks pretty good. Shay was cool about not winning, but truely I wanted to win. I thought we were real good and we should have won. My goal is to be more like Shay: not drawing attention, calm, nice to everyone, and so on. I know, this doesn't have to do with much but I think Amber thinks I'm teacher's pet for Miss Arend. She thought that way for Shay because Shay passed out papers and other stuff. Amber looks at me funny and stuff. She probably thinks I'm a trator. The thing is that I think I'm teacher's pet also. Not a lot, but a little. Miss Arend is really strict and not very nice but can give you a 1000 watt smile that just makes you feel like Miss Arend loves you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up!! You have inspired me to go and dig out my diaries!!

Okay, so about a month ago we were in AR and I went out with Sarah S. and we called you, you weren't there but I left you a message. And then I left you a message on Facebook... it went something like this.

"Hey Hooker..... email me so we can catch up!!!!"

The end.

How are you? and tell me all about that baby of yours!!! I begged for the name Jack... one of my favs.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah... i read your entire blog... I couldn't sleep anyway, Jack's sleep habits sound a lot like Sophie's in the beginning. It was a nightmare.

Look in my Archives and find "Why do my kids hate me." I think it was in like Sept., I am sure you will be able to relate... except the three kids part! :)

Don't worry..... out of three, I only had one "non-sleeper" and now she goes to bed about 7:30 and sleeps until 10. So... there is hope for little Jack.
But there is NOTHING in this world like sleep deprivation!!!!!

I really just need your email!! :)

jenna's blogs said...

i love your jr. high diaries. seriously. my friend naomi let me read hers the other day, and it was fantastic.

FYI i about pass out reading my diaries from 2 years ago. i am not quite sure if i could handle my jr. high ones!!

i guess grace for ourselves grows as time passes, eh?

Anonymous said...

Bring it!!! :)

I only deleted it because you wrote my last name. Actually, both of them... so no chance in hell that the crazies are not going to find me now!! :) thanks for that! I will send them your way.

Amy said...

Oh the memories! This is just too funny!

Anonymous said...

omg
are you kdding me?! I am laughing so hard right now. You so were not Miss Arend's teacher pet. And yes, you and Shay should have won that twin day. I'm really glad you decided to be more like her.

amber. said...

Kate,

Liar! Blaspheme and lies! I was SO Miss Arend's pet. You're just jealous. And rightly so.

Miss Arend hated you.

JK!

LYLAS!

Josh F. said...

Miss Arend was evil!!! So nice to listen to -- She told wonderful stories. She was easy to look at too. However, she stunk as being an actual teacher! I missed a lot of school in 7th grade and turned in a lot of assignments late. Miss Arend told my parents that I never turned most of it in to her. I got in sooo much trouble! Fortunately, a couple of months later, some of my classmates' parents started talking crap about Miss Arend to my mother. It seemed Miss Arend had trouble keeping track of their child's homework as well. 7th grade stunk!!!!! Fortunately, 8th grade was pretty fun.

Amber, talking to you and Anthony Nunnally (sp?) in Science was one of the few things that kept me going in 7th grade. Thank you for that!

Josh F. said...

Amber,

I completely forgot about the other half of the year in Miss Erand's class. We became friends eventually because we found we each liked each other and she even said once thought it may be nice to have a boy that look like me and was as smart as me someday! Ha! Memory is a funny thing because I think I must have been the favorite one after that and I didn't remember that it is was the most APT thing to say after reading your post had I remembered It then!!!