Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm gonna let it shine.

I had a dream a few days ago. It was a doozy. All layered and vivid and filled with stuff my unconscious self apparently wants me to deal with. Including my fear of writing.

Ghandi once said that it was our light we were afraid of, not our inadequacy. What I'm discovering is that the light I shine tends to hurt people's eyes and they just want me to shut down. And so I did. But I'm getting tired of hiding within my own life.

It only took one person to tell me that I was acting ungrateful, ugly and spoiled to shut me down. It only took one person to tell me that what I was writing was hurting her feelings to stop me from heading to the keys for my own comfort. I have trouble letting others take responsibility for their own feelings and assume that I actually do have that much power.

I hold these fantasies that, someday, after this or that person is gone, I will be able to come out of hiding. I can tell my stories. I can share myself fully. I won't have to edit myself or maintain a facade that makes others comfortable. My life feels as though it is on pause until then. Which is the definition of enmeshment. Murray Bowen would have a field day with me.

It feels important that I begin here, again. Start the process again. Just sit here in this expressive space and just sit, if that's what I need to do again. Epilepsy and critical family members found my blind spot and sent me to the sidelines for quite a while. I'm limping back.

6 comments:

Elana said...

Good to read this and I'm sending you all my support. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming. Take your time! :)

jenna's blogs said...

lovely to see you back here!

Leslie said...

YAY! You're back!

Farhan said...

If you start to E-Cigarettes Your Stamina will increase, and your overall health will increase. You will start to feel 100 times better. I know many people that have benefited from not smoking Tobacco, Tar and all the other 4000 carcinogens that traditional Cigarettes have. ecig Electronic Cigarettes are the best and I found the site at http://ecig.pk to be one of the best places to purchase them


E-Cigarettes Pakistan
03215115899
03127177717

Adventurer said...

Nice read :} slowly and surely, you can go back to your writing. I like your thoughts!!

vuhelp.net said...

so nice blogger