Friday, April 20, 2007

Dear Diary...

Another excellent excerpt from my junior high diaries:

10/28/89 Friday (
note to reader: just turned 13)

I got home from Jr. High Camp today. God really moved in my life. I am now doing devotions every night. Kelly Malanga and Jody Hansen were my counselors. I had a rad cabin, too. Amber, Shay, Andrea Munden, Ruth Obregon, Jaime Slagel, Jaime White, Jennifer Jeremiah. I'm gonna keep track of what I learn in my journal. It should be great! You know what's strange? I think I finally like someone again. His name is Justin Weeks. He's Mr Weeks (our principals) son! He's cute, considerate, and VERY nice to me. He plays guitar very well. He is a Christian. Only one problem: he's in 7th grade. BUT, he's supposed to be in 8th. He's 6 months older than me, too. If he asked me, I might say yes. Well, gotta go!

11/6/89

I didn't realize how long it's been since I last wrote. Amber Rady went out with Justin, and when I found out I was so-o-o-o jealous. I told Amber that I was, too, because that way Satan can not get to me as bad.

But now, Amber's thinking of breaking up with him because they don't communicate as well as when they used to when they weren't going out.

If Justin were to ask me, which he might, maybe, possibly do, then I don't think I'd go out w/ him just because I know it won't last and when they break up, it's like they aren't friends anymore, and they're mad and so on.

Today was report cards and I got all A's and B's (big smiley face).

7 comments:

Angie Horn said...

Way to trap Satan, even at such a young age! You were wise beyond your years.

Unknown said...

Angie. 1st...you really are a blog addict these days. 2nd...you beat me to the "Satan" comment.

Amber. This is brilliant! Too bad I didn't have a Diary, but if I did, it would probably read something like "Played Lazer Tag tonight and it was Rad. Plan on going to Gamma Gamma tomorrow to by new Creepers. Report came today and somehow I need to hide it from mom & dad."

amber. said...

Balli,

What I love is that you are ALL over this diary, and usually in a good way! Note how you made it into the current events section of the previous entry.

Here is a teaser of things to come:
"March 28, 1988 - I hate mom and Nate with all my heart..."

Unknown said...

I feel like a Super Important Blog "Diary" ed. coming soon....

anne said...

These are so funny. But we all have them - I found some of mine and they are great. Thanks for sharing.

Melissavina said...

"If he asked me, I might say yes."
I like how vague this is...

And I like how committed you were upon returning home from camp.

I pretty much like it all.

Tamara L. Rice said...

The Satan part is probably the BEST thing I've ever read.

Amber, I can honestly say: I was never THAT spiritual.

You need an award for that one! =)